1. Bitdefender Internet Security
- Top anti-malware performance
- Minimal system impact
- Easy to understand and navigate
- Stellar extras: webcam protection, anti-theft for your laptop, etc.
Bitdefender Total Security‘s feature set nearly matches Kaspersky’s arsenal and adds awesome extra features, such as anti-theft protection for laptops, webcam protection, and a built-in secure password manager.
Bitdefender’s anti-malware engine is very good at stopping malware, according to multiple independent tests. The key difference is that Bitdefender has a significantly lighter system load, with minimal effect on your device performance.
Bitdefender takes an active role in your web activity. It checks every single link in Google search results, external links on websites, and social networks like Facebook and Twitter.
- Bitdefender performed exceptionally well in recent third-party testing
- Excellent malware protection
- Many useful extra features, even for low-priced packages
- Minimal impact on system performance
- Built-in secure password manager
2. Norton Security Deluxe
- Protects your smartphone, computer, and tablet
- Blocks malware that can damage your files and devices
- Offers advanced tools, including a personal firewall and parental controls
- Identifies and shuts down harmful apps
Norton Security Deluxe runs quietly in the background, providing discreet protection without interruptive experience for the end-user.
It benefits from advanced technology and cloud support offered by parent company Symantec. The enterprise-grade cloud technology allows Norton to utilize advanced behavior-based techniques for detecting and neutralizing malware. It is also capable of blocking attacks from infected computers connected to your network.
Norton Security Deluxe offers top-tier Internet security with advanced features to guard against web-based malware that exploits browser vulnerabilities as you surf, while harmful sites are flagged by reputation in search results. All downloads from the web are thoroughly analyzed.
Norton also offers an integrated password manager, which helps secure your identity online, covering all major operating systems: iOS, Android, MacOS, and Windows.
- Backed by Symantec, allowing retail users to take advantage of enterprise-grade malware detection technology
- A comprehensive set of internet security tools
- Non-intrusive, with great user experience
3. AVG Internet Security Unlimited
- Covers UNLIMITED devices
- Stops viruses, spyware & other malware
- Blocks unsafe links, downloads & email attachments
- Entry-level pricing
AVG Internet Security Unlimited offers all the features of an advanced internet security suite at entry-level antivirus price.
A perfect fit for large families, AVG Internet Security Unlimited lets you install protection on most devices in your household. It supports Windows, MacOS, and Android, but not iOS. It offers comprehensive security on Windows and Android devices, but just simple antivirus on Macs. (Sorry, Apple fans, AVG is not the best option for you.)
AVG automatically updates to the latest version, so you don’t need to worry about manually updating your antivirus.
- Great protection for PC and Android
- Protects unlimited devices
- Cross-platform protection covering Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS
- Dedicated social media protection
- Great set of tools for comprehensive protection
McAfee is the pioneer of antivirus and one of the oldest companies in cybersecurity. The main components of McAfee’s protection are still its antivirus scanner and web/email protection.
With drive-by web attacks and things like crypto-mining becoming increasingly prevalent, McAfee provides plenty of coverage. The WebAdvisor tool scans downloads for malicious chargers and identifies all suspicious URLs. McAfee also offers an associated anti-spam module, designed to keep your inbox free from scams and spam advertisements.
One of the great tools that come with McAfee is social defenses. These are specifically designed to scan your social media pages to make sure links and files posted on your profiles do not lead to a dangerous site or downloadable virus. Social media sites have become a major target for malware creators, as most of them have social media accounts and use them frequently.
With McAfee Total Protection, you can install security on any Windows computer you own, as well as on any MacOS, Android, and iOS device.
- Robust social media protection
- Superb malware protection
- A wide range of available tools
Installing a powerful antivirus program on your computer can prevent ransomware from encrypting your files, keep your banking and payments information safe, and generally protect you from many types of malware. There are a lot of great antivirus products out there, but if you’re looking for superb internet security, make sure you check out the solutions recommended above and in our expert reviews.