Top Windows Antiviruses
- See Which Is the Best Rated Antivirus Today!
- Compare Providers by Features: Anti-Malware, Anti-Spyware, Anti-Trojan, Anti-Adware
- Get the Best Prices & Deals
Comprehensive protection against viruses and malware
- Two-way firewall protection
- Automatic update process
- Parental control features
Avoid phishing attacks and other web-based threats
- Protect unlimited devices with one subscription
- Top-rated malware and antivirus protection
- Keep your browsing safe with Social Media Guard
Fast scan setting for quick system checks
- Keep PUAs off your PC with real-time protection
- Powerful antivirus removes almost all malware
- Update all your applications to optimize performance
Safely quarantine infected files
- Fast, thorough malware and virus scanning
- Valuable variety of features, even in basic packages
- Advanced tools like webcam protection and SafePay browser
What is an Antivirus?
Antiviruses software protects against programs that corrupt computers and smartphones—and sometimes even steal their users’ identity.
Viruses used to be blocks of code that corrupted a single computer program then spread between users through sharing infected e-mail attachments. The virus landscape of today is far more complex and dangerous. Viruses can corrupt boot sectors, demand ransom payments, permanently embed themselves in the system memory, and more.
Why Do You Need an Antivirus Solution?
Antivirus programs are the essential line of defense against online cybersecurity threats. Using definitions and sophisticated behavior-recognition algorithms, they identify, quarantine, and safely remove threats to users’ operating systems.
Today’s viruses come in many different forms: Malware, spyware, adware, and rootkits are just some of the programs that promise to make users’ lives misery—and the list is growing by the year. Running a reliable antivirus software is the only way users can be sure that they won’t fall victim to a costly cyber-attack, have their device turned into a brick, or suffer potentially life-changing identity theft.
SafetyDetective’s antivirus reviews reflect the honest opinions of its team of expert cybersecurity reviewers. Our reviews are not paid for or sponsored by antivirus providers, although we may earn affiliate commission through referral links.
At SafetyDetective, our goal is to provide transparent, informative, plain-language reviews of antivirus solutions for Windows, Mac, Linux, MacOS, and iOS. We hope they will give you the insight to make an informed, proactive decision about your antivirus purchase.