10 Best Password Managers for Mac in 2023
Estimates suggest that the average, everyday person has up to 100 different passwords. With so many passwords to remember, Password Managers have become the norm – but how do you know which ones to trust?
We’ve reviewed the best MacOS password managers below and ranked them on security, usability, additional features & price to help you stay safe and ensure you never have to remember your password again.
- Best overall - intuitive + high security
- Advanced autofill for complex forms
- Sync bookmarks and notes
- Multi-OS sync for desktops, tablets, phones
- Good family plan
- Streamlined + easy-to-use Mac app
- Highly secure (advanced encryption method)
- Secure storage - notes, credit cards, addresses
- High-powered macOS password manager
- Strong password generator and autofill
- Dark web monitoring, encrypted chat, 10 GB storage
- Very intuitive Mac password manager
- High-security macOS features + easy to use
- Dark web monitoring, local data storage
- Good security, easy-to-use app
- One-click password changer for over 300 sites
- Free VPN included (with unlimited data)
- Reliable password app with good value
- Highlights vunerable accounts for review
- Get up to 80% off today
- Manage passwords securely on any device
- Monitor your password health
- Join ExpressVPN: Get 30 days risk-free
- Best free app - unlimited passwords + devices
- Sync Mac passwords across every OS (100% free)
- Autofills logins, credit cards, addresses, and more
- Included free with Norton's 360 plans
- Secure, straightforward password manager
- Backed by a 60-day money-back guarantee
Why You Should Trust Us
When looking for the best password manager for your needs, it’s very important to know which review website you can trust. There are hundreds of password manager review sites, and new ones are constantly emerging, so it’s very hard to determine which site is recommending good products and which one is recommending bad products with high affiliate commissions.
Unlike websites that want to earn as much money as possible by tricking users into installing bad products, we only recommend products that we would happily use ourselves. We perform extensive research, tests, and comparisons to determine which password managers are truly the best on the market, and we regularly update all of our content to make sure that everything you read on our site is up to date and verified.
We are a small team of security software reviewers, with years of experience in testing password managers, and our goal is to help you find a password manager that you will be 100% satisfied with. You can rest assured that all of our top choices are secure, easy to use, and affordable.
Why Do You Need a Password Manager?
A password manager makes it simple to generate, save, and auto-fill passwords for all of your online accounts. It also syncs all of your passwords across all of your devices, so you can access your data from any platform, operating system, or browser. In addition to being a convenient, time-saving tool, a password manager is also an essential one for protecting your logins and other sensitive data, like financial information.
The best password managers use unbreakable military-grade encryption to secure your data, have zero-knowledge protocols to make sure you’re the only one who can access your password vault, and provide additional safety through multi-factor authentication, password auditing, and data breach monitoring. They also come with useful extras like password sharing, account recovery, emergency access, and family management dashboards.
In essence, downloading a password manager from a trustworthy company is the best and easiest way to ensure all of your passwords are 100% safe and to prevent cybercriminals from gaining access to your logins for financial or any other type of gain.