8 Best Mac Antivirus Software 2022
We tested all of the most popular antiviruses to find the ones that provide the best protection for Mac computers — ones that are good at detecting and blocking Mac-specific malware while also improving upon Apple’s built-in protections.
We weren’t surprised to find that most antiviruses only focus on PC protection. Most of them simply overlook security features for Macs or don’t offer anything better than Apple’s built-in security features.
However, we were able to find a couple of Mac antiviruses that were significantly better than the rest.
What Is The Best Mac Antivirus?
Intego provides powerful virus protection against all types of Mac-specific malware, includes a wide range of useful extras that add functionality to Apple’s built-in security features, and is simple to set up and use Intego is also one of the best-value Mac antiviruses on the market, has affordable pricing, and comes with a risk-free money-back guarantee.
- High-speed malware scans (with low CPU load)
- Compatible with most Windows and MacOS computers
- Real-time engine - 100% detection in testing
- No-risk free trial, money back guarantee
- Simple + easy to use
- Online web advisor for secure internet browsing
- Enhanced social media protection and anti-spyware tools
- Robust parental controls
- Protects Windows, Mac, Android & iOS devices
- Lightweight and user friendly
- Blocks malware & phishing websites
- Defends against zero-day attacks
- Proven effective protection for Mac computers
- Outstanding customer support
- Complete macOS security + optimization
- Many tools - antivirus, ID guard, ad blocker, VPN
- 24/7 personal tech support
- No lag-time while running in background
- Multiple levels of Internet security protection for Mac
- Secure Wi-Fi hotspots
- Award-winning antivirus protection for Mac
- Premium protection with vulnerability scanner
- Full money back guarantee
Why You Should Trust Us
When choosing which antivirus to install, it’s important to know whom you can trust. The problem is that there are so many antivirus review sites online — and most of them are run by shady marketers trying to earn a quick buck by recommending products that offer the best affiliate programs. And as you can imagine, these products often aren’t the best ones for users.
Instead of going the quicker route — which we believe is both morally and ethically wrong — we decided to do things differently. We extensively researched, tested, and compared all of the most popular antiviruses on the market to determine which ones are really good. And we regularly re-test all of our top antiviruses and update our lists and reviews to make sure that everything you read on our site is 100% true.
We have years of experience in testing and reviewing security software, and our mission is to provide trusted and transparent reviews that can genuinely help our readers find the right antivirus for their needs and budget. We would never endorse a bad product, and you can rest assured that we only recommend antiviruses that we are perfectly happy with using ourselves.
Why Do You Need an Antivirus Solution?
Antivirus programs are the essential line of defense against online cybersecurity threats. Using definitions and sophisticated behavior-recognition algorithms, they identify, quarantine, and safely remove threats to users’ operating systems.
Today’s viruses come in many different forms: Malware, spyware, adware, and rootkits are just some of the programs that promise to make users’ lives misery—and the list is growing by the year. Running a reliable antivirus software is the only way users can be sure that they won’t fall victim to a costly cyber-attack, have their device turned into a brick, or suffer potentially life-changing identity theft.